Beans Porridge Recipe: Beans porridge is one of the easiest dishes to prepare but many still get it wrong. If beans is properly cooked, it can irritate the bowels. That’s why you need to take your time. Do you want to learn how to prepare beans porridge? Simply follow the recipe in this article for a mouthwatering dish.
Easy Beans Porridge Recipe
- 3 cups (or around 750g) black/brown eyed beans
- Red palm oil
- One onion (medium-sized)
- Salt and pepper (according to your taste)
- 500g of Plantain or yam or baby corn or sweet potatoes, or crayfish (optional)
- Sort your beans to remove stones and dirt particles
- Wash you beans and put beans in a clean pot, add water and start cooking.
- Cook till tender, don’t forget to add water from time to time. It is important to maintain the same level of water. Don’t pour too much water.
- When the beans is soft, add crayfish (if available), onions, seasoning, pepper.
- Next, add salt and pour red palm oil. After that cook for five minutes. You can also add sweet yam or other additional ingredients and cook it till the added ingredients are done. It is better to add baby corn after the heat is turned off.
- Turn off the heat, and wait for around 5 minutes.
- Then dish out and enjoy.
Beans can be taken with cassava flakes (garri), bread or fermented cornstarch (ogi). Due to it’s high protein content, beans must be part of every families’ diet. It is important for child growth and for everyone that want to maintain a healthy diet. Beans is also suitable for people that are watching their weight since it does not contain starch.