Pepper Rice Soup Recipe: Rice is arguably the most consumed food in Nigeria. It is so appealing to the eyes and allows the Cook to explore different cooking methods. In this article, you will learn how to prepare pepper rice soup. It tastes exactly the way it sounds, a combination of pepper, rice and other ingredients that will make it look like soup.
It feels like eating chilli and the sight is so attractive. It can be prepared with brown and white rice. You can mix various types of peppers in the bowl to bring new flavors and color to the soup. Green pepper, yellow pepper or red pepper – everything can be mixed.
Ingredients For Preparing Pepper Rice
- Coconut oil (you can also use olive oil if you have) about two tablespoons
- Rice (brown or white)
- 2 cups Fresh parsley (must be chopped)
- Dried basil or parsley
- Black pepper
- Can tomato paste
- Cans of roasted tomatoes
- Cans of diced tomatoes
- Beef broth
- Green bell peppers (must be chopped)
- Red peppers (must be chopped)
- Ground beef
- Cloves of garlic
- Sweet onions
Method of preparation
- You will need to preheat oven to make this soup recipe accurate.
- Take the coconut oil (or olive oil) in the large soup pot and heat it over the medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onions and heat them until they become fragrant. Add the beef and cook it until it’s brown.
- Add tomatoes (all cans), peppers and broth.
- You may now add some seasonings, like pepper and salt.
- It’s necessary to cook the mixture for 30 minutes until the pepper gets the taste that you really like.
- At the very end, you can taste what you have prepared for yourself. You can also add some fresh parsley to the mixture.
- When the soup is being cooked, you can prepare the rice.
- Spread the coconut oil over the rice and cook. Just add the rice to the soup at the very end of your cooking process.
- Add the rice into the soup and flavor it with parsley.
Now you just need to let the soup cool down a little bit and enjoy your pepper rice soup. This delicious recipe can attract uninvited guests, hope you don’t mind sharing!