Carrot oil is an important extract from carrot that has a lot of useful properties. If you want to achieve a flawless skin tone, carrot oil is one of most natural ingredients you can use.
Carrot oil also produces a calming effect on skin and hair. Most creams use carrot oil as an addictive for the delicate skin of eyes and lips, fighting skin aging, in particular, neck skin aging.
You can produce carrot oil at home at least that way you can be sure of what you’re using. The one you produce at home can also be more effective than most adulterated products in the market, that’s why we’ve described two methods of making carrot oil in this article. They are very easy to follow.
1st method For Carrot Oil Production:
It is worth bearing in mind that carrots do not contain enough oil, so carrot oil is made by adding other natural oils. Carrot oil is not difficult to be prepared at home.
- You need just 2 ingredients, of course, carrots and one of the oils: Olive oil, Almond oil or Coconut oil.
- You need to peel Carrots, RUB them on a grater and place them in water, pour some oil there.
- Keep in a water bath until it becomes noticeable that the carrot sank to the bottom and oil acquired orange color.
- Carefully remove, drain, pour the oil into a clean jar for the storage.
You need to RUB peeled Carrots on a grater, move them to a clean jar and pour as much oil (olive or almond or coconut) to cover the carrots. Close the jar with a lid and leave on the sun for 2 weeks.
Each day this bottle should be shaken. Beta-carotene and fat-soluble vitamins dissolved in oil will make it acquire pale orange color. After 2 weeks, this carrot oil should be filtered. Carrot oil should be stored in a cool, dark place.
Uses of carrot oil
- Carrot oil can be used to restore healthy skin color and also to improve its elasticity and firmness. Particularly effective is the use of oil for moisturizing of skin during the cold weather, when the house is overheated.
- If you suffer from eczema, psoriasis or irritation of any kind, carrot oil will be able to provide a kind of a first aid thanks to its calming effect.
- Another healing property of carrot oil for skin is skin lightening due to the high content of carotene. Uses of carrot oil – to avoid sunburn and severe dehydration, especially in summer.
- Ophthalmologists recommend to use carrot oil to improve vision. This will be particularly useful for those people who are constantly working with a computer, or for those who have problems with vision. In this case, you need to take five drops of carrot oil three times a day.
- Cosmetologists recommend this oil for normal and dry skin, also for sensitive skin.
There are no contraindications in using carrot oil. It is quite soft, and can not cause any harm in the process of its use. However, it is worth noting that after its application on your body there are stubborn stains of bright orange colour.