NIMC Online: National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is the Federal Government agency responsible for managing and maintaining a National Identity Database. The agency registers citizens of the country, legal residents, issues National Identification Number and National Identity Cards.
NIMC has made it very easy for Nigerians to register online. The online registration process is seamless and convenient. You don’t have to visit the NIMC office and wait on endless queues for an offline registration anymore. You can just register online for an ID card. Simply follow these 6 easy steps:
- Visit NIMC Pre-Enrolment Portal: https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng and fill NIMC online registration form.
- When the form is filled, print it with a Barcode and go to any NIMC Enrolment Centre.
- Confirm and verify enrollment data on the system.
- Bring and upload your photo, signature captured, fingerprints.
- Provide your scanned supporting documents. (Birth certificate, State of origin certificate, NIMC online enrollment form, any means of identification).
- The enrollment is acknowledged. The applicant receives two slips: NIN Slip and Transaction Slip.
It is also important to say that it can take a long time to wait for your plastic ID Card; even the offline method takes so much time as well. However, you can always check the status of your card processing online. Go to https://touch.nimc.gov.ng/ to check if your card is ready.
Points to note On NIMC Online:
ID card can only be given to Nigerian citizens aged sixteen and above. The card itself contains two photographs of the holder, National Identity Number, and bio-metric information. It is also important to remember that the card can be used as MasterCard ATM card.