Mysterious Fire Spares Bible, Razed Down Bungalow in Imo

A mysterious fire has spared a copy of the Bible placed in a parlour of a three-bedroomed bungalow, while other properties in the building were razed.

The incident happened at Ezioha Okporo in Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State yesterday and the bungalow as learned worths about N10m.

It was gathered that no life was lost in the inferno.

Southern City News Reports that the landlord’s original company certificates, vehicles documents, his educational certificates, thoseFire belonging to his wife, and household items were all gutted by fire.

While some of the wife’s burnt certificates mentioned were First School Leaving Certificate, Senior Secondary School Certificate, National Examination Council Certificate, National Certificate of Education and Bachelors degree in Education, among other documents. We Reported earlier about the Kerosene Explosion that Killed nursing Mother in Ebonyi.

The cause of the fire had not been ascertained as at the time of filing the report.

The landlord, Mr Vincent Ihenetu, who spoke at the incident scene said that all the household gadgets and other valuables were gutted by the fire.

He stated that the fire started in the morning hours when no one was around in the compound, adding that he and his family members were in the compound of one his relations for a child dedication when the distress calls came.

ALSO READ:   Female Lawyer who Killed Husband, Cuts off Penis Pleads Not Guilty

“We are in our relation’s compound when I received calls from my neighbors, who were already inside my compound quenching the fire, that my house was on fire. Before I could get to my compound, the building had been burnt down.

“It was the manual efforts of my neighbours, friends and well wishers that the fire did not extend to the two boys’ quarters, in the front and back of the building,” he added.

The victim is an indigene of Umuduruoha Amaigbo in Nwangele Local Government Area of the state.

He revealed that he bought the building when it was under construction in 2011 and completed it.

Adding that he came back to the building on May 7, 2018 after his kidnap and release in 2016.

“I came back last month to re-equip the house when I saw that other people had started building around the area to avert the lonely nature of the area, which I presumed led to my Sunday, November 27, 2016 kidnap”.

“There has not been any problem between any of my neighbours and my household since we came back and started living there. I have yielded to the will of God Almighty, who knows and sees all things,” he said.

ALSO READ:   Senator Calls for Buhari's Resignation Over Killings