NYSC Green Card: The National Youth Service Corps changed their mode of registration from manual to online few years ago. If you’re not informed, you will end up paying someone else to do it for you in a business center. After completing your registration in the NYSC website, you’re supposed to print out a slip.
This slip is called the NYSC Green Card. It is called so not because it’s a card or green in color but because of what it stands for. Without it, you will not be allowed into the NYSC camp. Just like your green card for entering into foreign countries.
The NYSC green card is a colored print-out slip that grants you entry into the NYSC camp. It clarifies that you have completed your NYSC online registration for mobilization and have paid the necessary fees. It is also used for your initial registration in the camp.
All youth corpers are required to print the Green Card after completing their online registration. The slip should have the letter heading of the National Youth Service Corps, the NYSC logo, the NYSC motto, and address. The slip should also have a watermark logo of the NYSC at the centre of the page.
NYSC Green Card will contain your personal details such as your full names, date of birth, state of origin, Local Government Area, place of birth, marital status, and any physical challenges. Your contact detail will also be on the slip. Your educational qualifications and your NYSC kit specifications will also be indicated on the document. At the bottom of the page, there will be a space for your signature and date.
How To Print The NYSC Green Card
If you have completed your online registration and have made all necessary payments, you can print your NYSC Green Card by following the steps below:
- Visit NYSC portal at portal.nysc.org.ng and log in to your account with your registered email address and password.
- On your dashboard, your basic details will be displayed with the “Print Slip” option beneath it. Click on this option.
- Your Green Card will be displayed for you to preview. On the preview page, check to see if every detail on the slip is correct.
- Then look at the top right-hand corner of the page. You will see the print option sign (printer sign) and also a download sign (arrow facing down). Click on the print option to print out your Green Card on the spot.
- After printing your National Youth Service Corps Green Card, you can sign your signature in the space marked “Corps Member Signature & Date” and take it along with you to camp. You can also make a photocopy for record purposes.