Starboy Label Artists: The talented and popular Nigerian music celebrity, Wizkid, rose to fame in the music industry and not only did he want the world to celebrate the Wizkid brand; he wished for the budding of more talents, to populate the arena for a diversified musical mix. Hence, he founded a record label in 2013 called Starboy Entertainment.
The record label as intended saw a surge of artists on it with the likes of Legendary Beatz (Uzezi & Okiemute Oniko) L.A.X etc. The label grew to the extent it acquired an international outlook, thereby changing to Starboy Worldwide, with the signing of Ghana’s Efya, Mr. Eazi, and R2Bees.
He announced the newly acquired international face of the label at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards and named Paedae of R2Bees as president of the new, expanded label.
The expanded label groomed many talents to stardom which include:
- The Legendary Beatz duo of Mutay and Zei were the earliest members of the Starboy artists movement. Despite that they still work with Wizkid, they currently have no contractual agreement with the singer.
- A.X was first signed to Starboy Entertainment in 2013, and by the end of the year, he had dropped a hit record “Caro”. The next year, the singer and Wizkid released “Ginger”, which became another top-listed hit. In 2016, the singer announced his exit and moved on to an independent career.
- Efya is the Ghanaian songstress. She was part of the Starboy Worldwide push. You can check her vocal skills if you listen to “Daddy yo” and “Until the Dawn”, two tracks from Wizkids’ “Sounds From The Other Side.”
- Terri, whose name shows up first on all the promotional material for “Soco”, is the latest addition to Wizkid’s Starboy artists crew. The gifted musician was signed to the label after Wizkid came across his incredible refix of DJ Jimmy Jatt’s hit work “Oshe” on Instagram. This comes just two months after Wizkid made an announcement about signing a 10-year-old rapper, Ahmed, at his December concert in Lagos.
- Ahmed was on stage with Wizkid himself delivering some freestyle lyrics, and after that happened, Wizkid realized that he couldn’t leave the young talent without attention. Ahmed was signed on to the brand and was also offered N10 million.
Starboy Entertainment has really developed several talents. Associating with the brand links you with the Nigerian finest – Wizkid and his crew.